Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Glad

Today I heard from my best friend in Louisiana, he called me when I was @ work before lunch today. I had just been thinking about him and then he calls weird huh. I kind of messed up @ work today I sent a crew out without proper equipment , that they needed for the job @ UTPA in Edinburg. I was feeling kind of low was about to call my wife to tell her to pray for me when John called it was so cool. We go way back when I got saved , he went off to serve Jesus in Louisiana as a pastor. He has a full time job so it is hard for him to keep in contact with me, if I am not busy he is always something going on in the ministry. Got to love it. He usually comes down here we make a weekend out of it, or I go up there it is a 10 hour drive. Just pray for him to be on Lords will. Pray for his feet he is having really bad foot problems. I miss the cookouts we used to have like every weekend, but hey life goes on huh. I knew the day was coming when he would be leaving when he surrendered to preach, but I didn't think it would be tough saying goodbye to friends. Today was a good day @ church also preaching was good & sis Pat Mendez showed up for services tonight. I pray she keeps coming she needs a church to go to regularly. After church we did the Baptist thing went over to Mi Rancho Restaurant to fellowship & eat of course. My Pastor needs friends too and I hang out sometimes with J which is cool he has a Foosball table. J is my best friends brother & we kind of have a cool friendship yes J you are my friend. Inside Joke. Well that is how my day went today pretty cool huh. Got to go to bed it is past midnight & I have to get up @ 5am, too bad I am not on salary & go in @ the time I want. Got to go. Laters.

9 comments:

Sal said...

what am i?!? some sort of replacement friend??

anyway, sorry i didnt make it to Mi Rancho. You know how I feel about 24hr Mexican Joints. /gross

DeeDee said...

hey baby, you weren't supposed to let Jay know that he was the replacement friend for John and Melinda!!!

juan said...

oops your my best friend until John is in town. J/K

Sal said...

yeah, when john is in town its like. J who? Sal Who? Jeff Who? etc.etc...

Adriana Sujey said...

Well talk about it being a small world afterall! Wow, you know J's bro that knows you, that knows me, that knows Sal? Did I confuse you? I think I confused myself. But u know what I mean. They say that every so other person that you see knows someone that you know or that knows you. (There are some specific #'s but I can't remember)Something like that, I don't have the greatest memory. My best memory is of persons faces and almost always names.

Sal said...

it is called Six Degrees of Separation. That sTupposedly everyone can be connected to six people or below. For Example: Juan knows You, You Know Me, I know Rob, and Rob met George W. Bush a few years back before he was president.

There is also a game out there called Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Same idea except it uses Actors. Every actor can be connected within six people he as been in movies with. This is a good driving game and when Rob and I play it it drives his gf batty.

juan said...

It is a small world huh, too small. We don't even know the people we know are known by other people we talk to. HUH confusing.

Sal said...

juan, that was deep.

juan said...

@sal sorry man I was remember a verse preacher, preached tonight. Romans 8 vs 18 & 19. KJV. "For I know that in me(that is, in my flesh,)dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to preform that which is good I find not. vs 19. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.