Thursday, May 13, 2010

Smote in the Heart

Today after work I went to fuel up the big truck I use for work, I was in a hurry due to my little David had a t-ball game. After I finished fueling of course the machine says the cashier has receipt. Grrr, there i go inside to get a receipt, when I am in line, there is this young man, buying a lot of munchies, junk food. Of course i start thinking inside myself, as I stare at the back of his head with tattoos, his side burns are also tattoos. I am thinking to myself this guy will never be a working part of society. I started thinking next thing you know he is going to pay with his Lone-Star Card, the food stamp card. When he surely does bust out the card to pay, when all of a sudden the Holy Ghost convicted me of being so critical, we sometimes are so critical aren't we, or maybe its just me.

Holy Spirit smote my heart so bad I got all teary eyed. If my brother in law would have been so critical I wouldn't have gotten saved. I needed compassion, Holy Spirit was putting in my heart to give him a tract, but I didn't have one, so that really broke my heart so bad, I got my receipt. Went to my truck as fast as I could, when I got on tears were coming down my eyes, when I cried to Jesus to take that critical spirit away from me, Forgive ME I cried today, I asked Lord to give me some more compassion for the lost. I cried out for forgiveness, I will have to answer for that young man one day, his blood will be on my hands. I fail, I fall so short, I Know Jesus forgives, so i thought i would share, & ask for prayer for more compassion in my heart

2 comments:

Sal said...

ive been there. seeing a guy or girl and thinking theyd never go to church and get get saved.

but then again look at me. look at my past. look what God did for me.

nothing but filthy rags.

The Preacher said...

wow, man that is revival