Sunday, September 9, 2007

Some Day

Today was a good day in church & also the fellowship afterwards at Jasons' Deli. When we left,I followed J, because he had no wipers. He didn't ask me to , but I did anyway. When we were on the freeway I was trying to catch up with him. He was in his vette, & I was in my Chevy prizm 4 cylinder, I wonder why I couldn't catch up to him. Then it starts to rain. Now my exit is coming up, but I don't see J, I know he is in front of me, so I am going to miss my exit, it starts raining, @ that very moment a cop gets on the freeway with its lights on going pretty fast. Oh by the way, there was an accident on the south bound side, the cop was probably going to close off the exits. He was flying in front of us, then all of a sudden he starts to hydroplane out of control, starts spinning, he tries to correct it, but it was too late. He hits the median concrete barrier with the front of the car. Might I add, that the hammer lane (fast lane) was full of water, then my wife is calling it in, and they are telling her there is someone @ the site already, and my wife gets louder starts telling their dispatcher that it just happened in front of her eyes "right now". The dispatch thinks it is the same accident that was on the opposite side. I get out to see if the officer is alright , He asks me if I got hit, I told him "no". Then he said "oh you were just checking on me, thanks, I'm alright". So I get back in the car don't know where J is, my phone is @ home, I ask my wife to call J to see where he is @, but he was on Wilson Rd already near his house. He said he saw the cop in back of him so I guess the cop was between us. True story. This happened in a couple of minutes, but it seemed like a long time.

2 comments:

Sal said...

and you said you had nothing to blog about!

that was crazy. i think a lesson to be learned here is not to dirve blazingly in the rain!

What was funny is that the cop car reminded me of that cow in Twister that was flying through the air during the tornado... "We got cows"...

DeeDee said...

IT WAS SCARY!! Yeah, we shouldn't be driving so fast in the rain!